The Tech Team Swing Away Paddle and Kayak Storage Rack is designed to support kayaks weighing up to 200 lbs. along with their paddles and/or fishing rods. The rack is constructed from heavy gauge steel tube and fittings that are precision welded and finished with a durable powder coat finish. The weight bearing capacity of this rack system is in direct proportion to how it is mounted. Standard 2”x 4” and 2”x 6” studs like those commonly found in the walls of buildings and houses, are only 1.5” wide. Even if you managed to get the mounting screws into the dead center of them, there is no guarantee that one day you will not find your kayak on the floor. The way to prevent this and ensure a rock solid and stable mount is to use a 2”x 6” lateral that is mounted to at least 3 or 4 of the studs with appropriate screws. This accomplishes two things. First, it adds the necessary strength and stability. Second, it gives you the opportunity to place the mounting hooks at any width that is appropriate for your boat, as opposed to being limited to 16” which is the standard on center spacing for wall studs. The system has also been designed to allow the hooks to pivot 90° so that when they are not in use, they will be flush with the wall and out of the way.
- Heavy duty hooks hold a kayak plus paddles and fishing poles. Rotates out of the way for storage
- Heavy duty steel tube with precision welding
- Durable powder coat finish with custom made EPDM bumpers
- Web straps and commercial grade zinc plated PTO clips and D rings
- Instruction book and all mounting hardware included